Sunday, June 04, 2006

Jeff Rense - A Compulsive Liar?

'Patsy Smullin has run KOBI-TV for the last 30 years, and her father founded it. If anybody would have known Jeff Rense and the supposed 5,000 newscasts he claims to have made, it would be Patsy.

When asked if she could elaborate on the comment she'd made regarding
Rense not being known for his honesty, her response was: "Sure. He was a compulsive liar." Also, when questioned as to the claim that Jeff anchored and produced “5000 newscasts,” Patsy Smullin laughed heartily and stated, “This is absolutely false. He never did that here.” Okay, if not at KOBI-TV, then where? Perhaps Jeff Rense will reveal this to us all at some point so we can check it out. '



Last week Lisa Guliani published an update to the Jeff Rense investigation. (see my post here).

Lisa interviewed Patsy Smullin, who has run KOBI-TV for the last 30 years. Patsy was Jeff Rense's boss, "or 'a guy calling himself Jeff Rense' (her words), was employed at KOBI (an NBC affiliate) from June 1983 to May 1984".

As you can see from the above quoted remarks from Patsy, she was not too favourable of Mr Rense. However, things have now taken a dark twist. SOMEONE has scared Patsy Smullin, and she has contacted Lisa from Wing-TV and nervously asked Lisa to remove the 'liar' sentences from Lisa's original article (at the same time asking if an attorney had contacted Lisa....).

On May 31, 2006 at 4:30 pm I received an unexpected phone call from Patsy Smullin, owner of KOBI-TV Channel 5 in Medford, Oregon. If you read my latest article entitled, Jeff Rense: A Reinvention of What?, then you know that Patsy Smullin is Jeff Rense’s former employer.

This was our third conversation in a weeks’ time, and regrettably it wasn’t as cordial as our previous exchanges.Ms. Smullin began the conversation by asking, “Have you heard from the Eugene attorney yet?”

She sounded extremely nervous and agitated and her voice was shaking.

I responded with, “An attorney; for what? No, I haven’t heard from anybody. What is this about?”

Smullin was having great difficulty expressing herself, and I was trying to put together the gist of what she was attempting (but unable) to say.

Smullin: You called me asking for Jeff Rense’s dates of employment and I had to do a lot of work to get that information for you. I had to go into another building to get that information for you.

Me: “Yes, and I thank you. But what are you talking about now? What attorney? I don’t understand what you mean.”

Smullin: “You need to remove those two sentences from your article.”

Me: “Which sentences?”

Smullin:The ones about Jeff Rense being a compulsive liar, and about him not being known for his honesty. You need to remove those.

Me: “Why should I remove them? I didn’t misquote you at all. I wrote down exactly what you said. I have it in my notes. You knew I was writing an article.

Smullin: (in a low voice): “That’s not the way I remember it.” (A pause, then excitedly) “You don’t seem to understand. I’m trying to help you.”

Me: “No, I don’t understand, because you haven’t told me what you’re talking about. That’s not the way you remember it? We just spoke YESTERDAY. What are you saying? Are you now suddenly denying that you made those comments? Are you calling me a liar? I wrote exactly what you told me.” No response to my questions. (Another pause.)

Smullin: “I’m saying you need to be very careful. I can’t say anymore.”

Me: “I need to be careful? Careful of what? Are you saying somebody’s going to sue me? If so; for what … for quoting you?”

Smullin: “No, no. I really can’t say anymore. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have called, I’m sorry. I can’t say anymore.” Click.

Well, well, well..... It seems someone has indeed tried to put the frighteners on Patsy Smullin. She was only telling her experiences with the shadowy Jeff Rense, and someone has tried to seriously put her off by dubious threats of legal action.

If Jeff Rense had nothing to hide, he can easily provide evidence of his self-praised 5000 news articles, and other achivements he states openly on his site. The problem is, there is NO proof he actually did any of these achievements at all.

Seeker beware as we say..... The Jeff Rense investigation gets even murkier. Cointelpro is everywhere, and it's financed by big budgets. The kind of big budgets that can run sites like Jeff Rense's, and provide scary attornies to scare innocent people into running away from the truth.

Patsy, don't let them get to ya....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home